Today many couples are facing the problem of infertility affects both of them. It has many adverse effects both physically and mentally also. Nowadays pregnancy comes with lots of obstacles, it is no more considered as an easier task. When you are trying to conceive, you have around 15 to 20% only chances every month to conceive. Even factors like poor lifestyle choices, injuries, illness and chronic health problems add to causes of infertility.
However, there are ways to recover these and become successful in conceiving. Have a look at the causes and treatments of both women and men.
Causes of infertility in women-
- Problem with ovulation – A woman has to undergo many health issues. If you happened to observe that your monthly cycles are not up to date then it is time to consult a doctor. Not having your periods on proper time then it means that your ovulation is not happening on regular basis. The leading cause of infertility in women is the ovulatory disorders.
- Damage happened to the uterus or fallopian tubes
- Cervix problems
- Cancer and their treatments
- Cancer treatments have several and long-term effects on women’s fertility.
Having a history of chronic medical conditions-
If you are having long-term medical problems then this is one of the reasons of infertility problem.
- Heart disease
- Thyroid condition
- Genetic disorders
- Multiple pelvic surgeries are one of the reasons for facing the problem of infertility. If your ovarian cysts are also been removed for numerous times, then this can also be another reason for infertility.
Treatment for women-
- IVF has proven to be a boon for many women who face infertility or have had multiple miscarriages.
- Surgery for restoring the fertility
- Intrauterine insemination
Causes of infertility in Men-
- Hormonal imbalances
- Abnormal sperm function
- Low sperm production
- Low count of sperms
- Blockages, which prevent the delivery of sperm
- Use of anabolic steroids to increase growth and strength of the muscles reduces the quantity of sperm and also testicles shrink.
Treatment for Men-
- Undergoing medication to increase the sperm production and also the quality
- Surgery- For e.g. – Varicocele can be corrected by a surgery
- Treatment for sexual intercourse problems- Erectile dysfunction and the premature ejaculation can improve fertility by counseling or medication
- Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI) is a very popular, common and successful treatment for male infertility.
- Assisted reproductive technology (ART) – in this treatment you can achieve sperm through normal ejaculation, from individual donors or surgical extraction
Today you will find many reasons for not able to conceive. However, one can overcome those by making simple lifestyle and dietary changes. To get proper guidance and to obtain more knowledge regarding the infertility issue, then approaching gynecologist in Hyderabad would work as a great option. Thus, getting both of you checked is a good idea.