A lot of enjoyment is related to the word ‘Travelling’. It seems so much fun, isn’t it? However, be it a short trip or a long vacation, you have to do a lot of planning and preparations before you head to your destination. Everything needs to be carefully planned so that you do not miss out anything. So, a checklist is a wise idea to ensure a good and safe journey abroad.
- First and the foremost is to prepare an extra set of all your documents which are mandatory to carry while you are travelling It is always good to keep an extra backup. Take out the photocopies of your identity cards, passport, flight tickets, itinerary and travel insurance. Even keep the electronic copies of all these documents. Thus, if by mistake, the hard copies get lost, you have a backup of soft copies on your devices.
- Remember every dollar counts up. Make sure before you leave, you have changed your calling to the international plan. In spite of the charge required to convert to this plan, it is much cheaper than the roaming charges you have to bear if you don’t go for one.
- Another very important thing which you should do before you travel is to buy travel insurance. Having travel insurance is of utmost importance while you are traveling abroad as it covers all the medical expenses, trip cancelation, baggage loss, passport loss and accidental death. Thus, it is advisable to purchase travel insurance while travelling. It will be a great thing if you buy the travel insurance in India itself due to the familiarity of the procedure.
- Ensure that you have the required vaccination and have renewed the necessary prescriptions.
- Check the monetary conversion beforehand to avoid eleventh-hour
- Please make sure in advance that your credit card will work in the country you are travelling.
- Always keep some local cash with you, especially for trains or buses as credit cards might not be accepted at such places.
- Only pack what is needed the most. When you travel abroad, you have luggage limit. Make sure you do not exceed that and pack all the things efficiently. However, keep an extra set of clothing in your handbag just in case of an emergency like the airline losing your luggage.
- Make sure to keep a charger adapter as different countries have different voltages and plug sizes.
- Take few interesting books or playing cards for self-entertainment that will help keep boredom at bay.
- Do not forget to carry a handy cam and a digital camera. When you travel abroad, you got to click some beautiful pictures for cherishing the memories.
Travelling to a different country is certainly a challenging task. Now that you know what needs to be on your checklist, leave your worries behind and be ready for a wonderful journey. However, make sure that you do not forget your travel insurance.